Sunday, April 02, 2006

Loss

I am facing the imminent death of a family member this weekend. It is someone very close to me, but it has been coming for a long time.

The waves of grief are hitting me stronger than I expected considering the situation. Part of that is that for the first time, I live so far away. I wonder though if the intense weepiness and lack of being able to move I feel (instead of the frustration and distance I expected to feel) isn't magnified at least in some small way by all the reflecting I have done on separation lately in searching for L.

1 Comments:

Blogger suz said...

personally, i would guess it is magnified. you have been opening your heart ALOT lately about L, others, etc. Therefore, any emotion is going to be felt more intensely. If you were not so raw and open right now, your impending loss may not be quite as painful.

I am sorry for your possible loss.

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home