Saturday, March 25, 2006

background

Complicated family relationships are normal to me. It is a gift my mom gave me. She never begrudged anyone their relationship to me when I was growing up(though she is a bit insecure now about my relationship and BJs relationship with my stepmom).

My father has been married four times. My mom was number two. They divorced when I was four months old. I have two half sisters and a half brother from his first wife. My half brother was around when I was growing up. He is 10 years older than me. My two sisters were raised in another country. I always knew about them and adored them from afar. I met one when she came to visit when I was 16. I met the other when I was 29.

My dad's third wife had a two boys. We lost touch with them when they divorced.

My dad's fourth and current wife has three adopted kids. One my age and two a couple years younger. The girl is 3 years younger than me and when they married when I was 14 (I didn't get to know about them until just before the wedding) I wanted to be close to her. We were until I married when I turned 18.

I am my mother's only child. My mother's two brothers never had any kids - only one married and that was not until I was an adult. I married before he did. My brother and sisters have married but none are currently married and none have children.

Hubby is the only child of his mother. Father absent and little known, though his mother suspects there are other unwed mothers with his half siblings as well as "traditional family" of half siblings

Hubby and I were godparents to three boys. The oldest of which is now married and he and his wife are godparents to BJ.

BJ might have a bio half-sibling one year younger.

Just to give you some background...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home