Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Nerves

I went to Target today to buy a card to write my note to L in. Every card I picked up, I questioned and put back. Thank you card, deffinately not. A card that said Hello in several languages on the outside, the inside said only "How are you?" But I felt that might be to familiar. A 'blank' card with a boquet of flowers - looked to much like get well. A single sunflower - very pretty - but did the single flower seem like I was saying she was alone?

Definately way to nervous, though trying to be sensitive. I put them all back. I couldn't find even just a design like stripes and colors that was blank - they all said thankyou or missing you or something on them.

I almost walked away and then worried that I was chickening out, I made myself pick one.

It is a sunflower with gentle sunlight shining on it and a sort of artsy border around it. It is blank inside.

I also called the agency to make sure they had our current address in case L contacts them requesting photos.

I have my message written in my head, it is very short because I am really afraid of the wrong person getting it since I don't know for sure if the address I have is current.

Deep Breath. Here goes.

3 Comments:

Blogger suz said...

if you have a DOB - even approximate, and a full name, I can do a look up for you (I do searches and have found 12 bmoms in the past year alone). I also have other resources. Just write me. You know the addy!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Andromeda Jazmon said...

I know what you mean... so scary and so difficult to pick out a simple card! LOL you are doing the right thing, following your instincts.

6:32 AM  
Blogger marlene said...

Suz, I will never be able to thank you enough for the help you have given me.

cloudscome, thanks for the support, and I am finding picking the card not the hardest decision at all as I proceed - LOL, but instincts are getting stronger...

Kim, thanks. both for the support for Suz, I agree she quickly proves her trustworthiness, and thanks for hearing my voice in this post.

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home