Sunday, April 02, 2006

A Hope and a Prayer

When an adopted person is permitted and encouraged to search for his genetic connections, for his origins, a paradox occurs: he may well end up realizing that he rightfully belongs in two places,


Yes, Yes, Yes! This is why the search, the risk.


Dear Lord, please let it be that BJ always feels she belongs, two connections. Please protect her and never let it be that she feels she doesn't belong anywhere. Heal and protect all of our hearts. Lord I am afraid of being met with anger this morning. Take away fear and let us all focus on your Grace that you may provide the blessing of peace on BJ's developing sense of self-identity. May BJ, L, and I always know that ultimately we belong to you. This life is temporary and you are forever. Bless all five of us in this situation Lord, by letting your Love be the guiding of force of this outreach and relationship. Amen

2 Comments:

Blogger suz said...

i agree. funny, just yesterday i dared to read a page of Primal Wound and it was on this very topic - how adoptees feel they dont belong anywhere. That they feel they dont fit in with their adoptive families, dont get the genetic mirroring and that they are not wanted by their biological families. It just was too much for me. Of course everything I read, I read with my daughter in mind and it just knocks the wind out of me. I may not have raised her but I am one of her mothers and I love her and worry about her as much as I do the children I am raising.

Words cannot begin to describe the pain and angst I have knowing that my ignorance of adoption caused her feelings. That I, her mother, inadvertantly, contributed to her pain.

Its painful.

7:10 AM  
Blogger marlene said...

Oh suz. {{{hug}}}

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home