Monday, April 23, 2007

Every Day Life overcomes Worries

Thanks Third Mom and Overwhelmed. Sometimes times sleeping on it eases things. I appreciate the support, and I did pause to think if I am rushing bed time too much. See, we do have story time and chatting and the same bedtime story each night. The fuss is getting up there, and then sometimes (it goes in spurts) after I have left with night lights glowing, its back down the stairs with every excuse and glass of water, and fuss there is. Even so, sometimes just a regular old mom reality check in is helpful and I appreciate the suggestion.

I am taking a little extra time at bedtime and trying not to let my own tiredness show at the end of the day quite so much.

And as to the nobody wants me stuff, I am just trying to trust that all the days of I love my mommy from her, and me telling her how much I enjoyed doing this with her, and how much I love her, and the hanging out with daddy playing, and making dinner together and all that will somehow help. I know it does. That and I am hanging on the fact that she can tell me, and we can affirm the feeling and/or challenge incorrect thinking together - its got to be the best we can do.

So regular mothering and also I am reading adoptees whereever I can to see what they recall from their childhood - what healed and comforted, what was well intended but not helpful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home