Sunday, May 14, 2006

To L

I am thinking about you today. Can I wish you a happy Mother's day?

I want to acknowledge that I have a mother's day today because of you; You gave life to the child I love, you protected that child in the only way you knew how. This beauty and miracle of a little girl belongs to neither of us, but is a gift to you and me and the world from our God. I am thankful everyday for her in my life.

I want you to know how wonderful she is; healthy, happy, spunky, smart, loving and funny.

I hope that your day has joy in it today. I wonder about your little boy and hope your day has the joy and fullness of him .

I wonder if it will be on a Mothers day that you reach back to us.

I wonder if someday, we will be able to feel a connection on this day - If we can celebrate together the joy of this girl and how she makes both of us Mother's today.

I admit, I find it easier to think of how our lives will intersect when she is an adult, even as I hope and long for some contact now. But today I look to the future when our girl has her own child and she gets calls from both of her mother's to wish her Happy Mother's day.

2 Comments:

Blogger suz said...

happy moms day to you too m. i wish peace for l today too. hopefully with your positive thoughts towards her it will be a little easier on her.

and yes, there is a bmoms day. here is some info for you. (note that I dont personally support it but have friends who do)

http://www.birthmombuds.com/birthmothers_day.htm

1:24 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

You seem like such an amazing and insightful woman. I bet you are a compassionate, caring, beautiful Mom too.

I hope your Mother's Day was wonderful!

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home